Viper Country

Here you will be able to view the four seasons in and around the Weaverville area of Trinity County, California. Plus some of various shots of anything and everything, as I'm a camera 'nut', eh!! ;-))

My Photo
Name:
Location: Weaverville, California, United States

Since my 'forced' retirement on June 23rd, 2005, I'm trying to build an 'at home' business via the Internet and learning more about using my digital camera, eh!! The picture is of ME & Kathy, my wife who's one bad ass Quilter!! We will be adding some of her handiwork too. I'd love to hear from computer & graphics people so I can learn more and we'd both love to hear from Quilters too!!

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Fall Colors, Mts, Canyon Creek, Grasshopper Flats, Heavens Hill, Deer


Hi Everyone, ... see all shots here ...

I put 'DCPlayers' first, so you could read about one of our local bands that's up and coming, eh!! Brian Madden, one of the members, I've know for maybe 20 years now, because he worked at Tops Store for years, then for Sysco Products in Redding with our son-in-law Tom Edwards for a few year and now he's back with us at Tops again. The the 'Bird' shot I tried explaining with that picture!! Lucy funny!! ;-)) The first group of 'FallColors' were taken while Kathy was waiting for her doctor appointment and there were no extra seating, so I grabbed my camera and just started walking down the streets looking for some good shots. And I think I got a lot, eh!! ;-)) Especially, a couple with the sun shining too.

The 'Lexus' shots were at the hospital next door to the building where Kathy was and I like this body style, so I just had to take a few shots, right!! Probably the closest to owning or driving one I'll ever get?? ;-0 The '3in1' shot I focused the shot to include the pretty brown leaf too, but did NOT even see the tiny spiked flower behind it, till I was editing all my shots. Nice that it get into the shot too, eh!! ;-)) Then even more 'FallColors' shots. Now, I took a lot of 'Moon' shots but only included these 6 because they looked the best to me. The 'Ricky'sGrowth' shot was totally by accident, as Ricky was walking around and I was focusing in on him and when he stopped, I just shot the picture. Again, I didn't even see the grass 'growing' out of his back, till I got ready to take a 2nd shot.

The 'GrasshopperFlats' and 'CanyonCreek' shots were taken because Dad purchased this property with his brother Leonard and his brother-in-law Lee McNeil, way back in 1955. They used this area as a 'vacation' area for hunting, fishing, bringing the family, etc. for years, then dad's place burnt to the ground one day in about 12 minutes flat. So he rebuilt a better home on that spot. Over the years my uncle Leonard and his wife Viola, fixed up and remodeled the original old home that was part of the property and moved up here to live. Then other family members moved up over the years too. Since Leonard was Pastor of our local church down south in Paramount, CA, he built a new church up here with the help of the family and church members and then called Grasshopper Flats, 'Heavens Hill' from then on. Anyway, I hadn't been back up to this area in about 25 years and was out on my bike clearing out my head, so away I went!! I got back home a couple hours later and felt so much better. Only another biker will probably know what I'm talking about, but it really does help clean out those cobwebs, eh!! ;-))

The 'Deer' shots were taken from my front door and deck, but I spooked them and couldn't get shots of all the deer. I kept telling them that I was a good guy and only wanted to 'shoot' them with my camera, but I guess that they didn't really believe me, eh!! But I guess one Doe was hanging around to guard her 2 fawns and boy did she keep an eye on me!! Then we had some really nasty high winds that made not only a big mess, but had us wondering about if any of our tall Pines were going to come down on us!! Thankfully, none did!! Then on our way home we stopped off at our local quilt shop so Kathy could pick up the October 'Block of the Month' and they rotate the quilts hanging in the shop every month, so I took more shots of these 'new' quilts, eh!!

Lastly, I've added some news photos of the fires down in my old stomping grounds, all around the Greater Los Angeles area too. All the fires started on the 13th or 14th and the law thinks most were arson!! I just heard on the news today, the 28th, that all fires are now contained and under control, but still being watched for hot spots!! And I hope that you enjoy ALL of these shots today!! ;-))

Later, 'Viper'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home