Viper Country

Here you will be able to view the four seasons in and around the Weaverville area of Trinity County, California. Plus some of various shots of anything and everything, as I'm a camera 'nut', eh!! ;-))

My Photo
Name:
Location: Weaverville, California, United States

Since my 'forced' retirement on June 23rd, 2005, I'm trying to build an 'at home' business via the Internet and learning more about using my digital camera, eh!! The picture is of ME & Kathy, my wife who's one bad ass Quilter!! We will be adding some of her handiwork too. I'd love to hear from computer & graphics people so I can learn more and we'd both love to hear from Quilters too!!

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Autumn Leaves, Ricky, Sunsets & Storm Clouds, '58 Chevy Apache Truck, Australian Gift


Hi Everyone, .... see all my shots here, eh!! ....

We've been getting a lot of nasty storm clouds the past few days, but still NO rain!! Like come on, fill up my empty well, eh!! But I did get me some good shots. I was at our local State Farm dealer a few days ago and asked about that beautiful chainsaw carve Eagle that I was showing off in my last Blog Update. It WAS made by our local guy and I told them that I'd taken some shots and put the shots up on my Blog too!! So people all around the country would get to see it too, eh!! So while I was there I took a better angle, framing and sun light shot. Enjoy!!

The Flag in a couple of the shots is on our deck and the winds were really a whipping it around while I was shooting, so I just left it in these shots. The Chevy Apache truck for sale belongs to one of the guys that works at Tops Market were we get our groceries, so since I like 'hot' custom vehicles I just had to take a few shots, right!! ;-)) The 'WildEdit' shot was a badly out of focus shot that I just played around with till I got something that kind of looked like an artist's painting to me. Interesting, eh!! I took a few shots of Ricky, because it was interesting to see him walk all around the edge of the car windows and not fall off, eh!! ;-)) All but this one were out of focus because he just kept moving all the time. The shot of Kathy's Kitchen Tall is something that one of her friends sent her from Canada, after she got back home from an Australian vacation, because it would have cost way to much to send it directly while on vacation!! We thought it funny that the pictures were 'designed' in Australia by an Australian Artist, BUT ... was made in CHINA!! ;-)) I see that I spelled 'Autumn' wrong, but it's way to much trouble to go back and change it, and I wanted to show you that some leaves around here in our mountains are starting to turn colors already.

We're at about 2,800 ft elevation and we've been getting high temps in the mid-60's the past few days and in the mornings neither Kathy or I want to get out of our nice warm bed!! ;-))) This morning was our normal shopping day, so we got up at 8 am and when I got out of the shower I wished that I'd turned on the bathroom heater before showering. After I got dressed and went to put out our Flag I looked at the temp and it was ONLY 51ยบ at about 8:30 am!! We left for town about 9:15 am, went to Marinos to eat breakfast, it was way to noisy and crowded, so we went across the street to BK and as soon as we got out of the car, OFF came our jackets, eh!! Strange weather!!

Later, 'Viper'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home