Viper Country

Here you will be able to view the four seasons in and around the Weaverville area of Trinity County, California. Plus some of various shots of anything and everything, as I'm a camera 'nut', eh!! ;-))

My Photo
Name:
Location: Weaverville, California, United States

Since my 'forced' retirement on June 23rd, 2005, I'm trying to build an 'at home' business via the Internet and learning more about using my digital camera, eh!! The picture is of ME & Kathy, my wife who's one bad ass Quilter!! We will be adding some of her handiwork too. I'd love to hear from computer & graphics people so I can learn more and we'd both love to hear from Quilters too!!

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Custom Painted Harley, Old Stagecoach, Kayakers, Gold Drege & Trinity River


Hi Everyone,

While we were in town today shopping, I saw the most beautiful custom paint job that I've ever seen on any bike before!! I tried taking shots at different angles so you hopefully see how the coloring changes as you move up/down and left/right while viewing it. So if you think I threw in to many 'similar' shots just look closely at each one to see how the coloring changes. It may show up better in the slide show too.

Also, Kathy picked up a couple post cards today and one is of a real stage coach that used to come out of Redding, CA with the mail and passengers, the 47 miles of twisting/turning, up/down grades, with a team of 6 horses, to Weaverville, the County Seat of Trinity County. Later on they would come up our road of Oregon Street then drop down into the LaGrange Mine to deliver mail and foods, then on over to Junction City about another 4 miles. Later yet they then continued on down river a ways and did a return trip. I met one of the drivers many years back and he told me it took about a week to make the return trip or the complete trip took 2 weeks!! Now we drive this same distance in about 90 minutes one way, eh!! ;-)) And the picture of Trinity River and the Kayakers and the floating Gold Dredge is still a common site today. To see ALL of the pictures, Click Here!!

Later, 'Viper'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home