Viper Country

Here you will be able to view the four seasons in and around the Weaverville area of Trinity County, California. Plus some of various shots of anything and everything, as I'm a camera 'nut', eh!! ;-))

My Photo
Name:
Location: Weaverville, California, United States

Since my 'forced' retirement on June 23rd, 2005, I'm trying to build an 'at home' business via the Internet and learning more about using my digital camera, eh!! The picture is of ME & Kathy, my wife who's one bad ass Quilter!! We will be adding some of her handiwork too. I'd love to hear from computer & graphics people so I can learn more and we'd both love to hear from Quilters too!!

Sunday, May 06, 2007

New Growth, Deer, White Blooms, What Is It, Baby Pine, Rainy Bike Ride, Family Circus, PDF's, Bikers, Senior Pie Chart, Trinity Journal, Fresh Snow


Hi Everyone,

Thursday the 3rd . . . Click Here to see all these shots!!
Here's more variety of shots today. As normal I'll try writing on each picture(s) that I think need a few words, but most of the shots are self-explanatory, right. Like the 'New Growth', 'Deer', 'White Blooms, 'What Is It', 'Baby Pine', etc. But check out my 'Bike Ride Rain' shots!! It was still a good ride. ;-)) The 'Family Circus' tho I want you to pay close attention to the detail and quality of this one. One of my friends, Ann Method, sent this as a scan from a newspaper and you know how badly the scan picks up the back side, right. But for my learning experience I spent over 2 hours editing it into what you will view. Pretty good outcome don't you think!! ;-))

The 'JSSR' PDF is a test send from Bill Method, as he's thinking about moving from good old fashion 'mailings' to his Hot Rod Club Members, to electronic sending of the newsletter as a PDF file via the Internet!! If you care to peek, you will see that it reads as good if not better than the print/mail version, eh!! The 'Senior Pie Chart' is just another funny that I used to test how good I could do a 're-make' from the hand drawn one that I received. The 'TTJ' items are scans from our local newspaper, The Trinity Journal. The 'Bikers' were parked in the 'Old Downtown' area on Main Street/Hwy #299 and probably were just enjoyed the day, eh!! ;-)) The 'G-Force' is a local gymnastics group and they are going 'National' again this year. The 'Snowpack' is not a good read for us because we haven't had a good water level in our well now for a couple of years. I really don't miss shoveling 1 to 3 feet of snow in most 'normal' snowfalls in past years, but we really need more snow with high water content. Then the 'Top Ten' are just some fun stuff, eh!!


Saturday the 5th ~ Cinco de Mayo!!
. . . Click Here to see all these shots!!
This was another Saturday Shopping Day and I shot a variety of pictures too. The snow on our Trinity Alps was all but gone, then we had another few days of rain and cold weather. As you can see in the first few pictures a little more snow was added, eh!! In my last 'update' you saw that I got caught in some light rain on my way home on my bike, that a bit later it was raining off/on really heavy, so I can't complain about getting a little wet, right!! ;-)) Then while shopping I saw some good looking bikes going down the highway and got some shots of 5 that were parked in the Tops/Longs parking lot.

The first shots are of a really clean Yamaha that a gal drove in and check out the beautiful custom Blue paint on the tank!! Then I took a long zoom shot of 3 other bikes about 75' away that drove into BK (Burger King) just as I was leaving the Yamaha. As I was parking the car, in drives this good looking Ford Truck so I got a couple shots of it. As I was walking over to where Kathy was looking at the flowers outside Tops, I saw the really bitchin' bike with 'MY' drag bars and drag pipes and pretty blue paint job.

The plants are what we bought today for us. The pictures of the van are of the NEW GAC Van, where I used to work. Then I was reading some of the 'News Of The Weird' and decided to scan that and let you all enjoy it too, eh!! ;-)) The 'Read My Lips' is a card that I picked out for one of Kathy's 'gifting' club members that is a 'Nanny' and I thought she get a kick out of it. Hopefully!! ;-)) The 'Wedding Announcement' is one of Kathy's great-niece and some of the family may view my blog, so I don't want to get in trouble with the family, eh!!

Hope you all enjoy some or all of my pictures. Later, 'Viper'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home