Viper Country

Here you will be able to view the four seasons in and around the Weaverville area of Trinity County, California. Plus some of various shots of anything and everything, as I'm a camera 'nut', eh!! ;-))

My Photo
Name:
Location: Weaverville, California, United States

Since my 'forced' retirement on June 23rd, 2005, I'm trying to build an 'at home' business via the Internet and learning more about using my digital camera, eh!! The picture is of ME & Kathy, my wife who's one bad ass Quilter!! We will be adding some of her handiwork too. I'd love to hear from computer & graphics people so I can learn more and we'd both love to hear from Quilters too!!

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Another Beautiful Spring Day

Just check out the 'panograph' above and you can see what I'm talking about having such a beautiful spring day, eh!! Since my last garbage/trash run in January, I've been using my truck bed to store the next load, till all of our rain and snow stopped. Well, today was that day, so I added a few more bags, grabbed my tripod and diddy bag with my camera and misc extra batteries, etc, and headed into town about 2 pm (Tuesday the 25th) today. I take a lot of my pictures of our Trinity Alps from a turnout area right at the enterance to what we call our 'transfer station'. It's call that because they closed our 'land fill' dump years ago and we now use large dumpsters or trailers to haul everything out of our area.

So when I came out after unloading my truck, I pulled around to the turnout area and set up my tripod. The 'pano' above is 6 shots 'spliced' together with my FREE AutoStitch software and as you can see it does one terrific job. All I need to do is allow maybe a 10% overlap with each new shot and the program aligns everything perfectly. Anyway, I hope you enjoy viewing our snowcapped mountains as much as I do, eh!! In the rest of the pictures you'll notice by the file names that I played around with some of my shots, so be sure to check out the 'posterized' and 'exposure*' shots. ~ Later, 'Viper'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home