Viper Country

Here you will be able to view the four seasons in and around the Weaverville area of Trinity County, California. Plus some of various shots of anything and everything, as I'm a camera 'nut', eh!! ;-))

My Photo
Name:
Location: Weaverville, California, United States

Since my 'forced' retirement on June 23rd, 2005, I'm trying to build an 'at home' business via the Internet and learning more about using my digital camera, eh!! The picture is of ME & Kathy, my wife who's one bad ass Quilter!! We will be adding some of her handiwork too. I'd love to hear from computer & graphics people so I can learn more and we'd both love to hear from Quilters too!!

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Our Latest Snow Pictures & Misc Too!!


Well folks, after a day+ of no snow or rain, it started in again Monday the 13th. We couldn't get into town for shopping on Saturday the 11th or Sunday the 12th because of the last snowfall and it was looking like more coming Monday afternoon. So we ate a quick lunch and headed into town about 1:00 pm. Before we got back home about 4:15 pm, it was already spitting snow in town and even more so back at home. As I was unloading the car the snow got heavier and faster. I took a lot of pictures mostly for me and I don't expect you to look at each one, so you can pick/choose by looking at the file names, eh!! ;-)) But it's kind of hard to hold back some of my 'edited' pictures, as you may like looking at them too, right. So when you see one that looks 'off color' or 'fuzzy', that's probably one of my edits, eh!! As you view the snow pictures you'll see that we got a total of 8 inches by Tuesday morning, and I was really expecting a lot more by the way it had been coming down fast and furious!! A lot of the last 50% or so will show you what a beautiful sunny morning we had, blue skies and fast moving white clouds.

When you see the Raven shots, these guys are around here all the time, talking, cussing or what ever you want to call it. I look all around our tall pines trying to locate the sounds and the birds and usually can't see them till today. All the time I was 'talking' back at him he never moved a feather. But by using full zoom on my camera and pointing around the area that the noises seemed to be coming from, I finally found him, eh!! I'm not going to let some old bird get the best of me!!

Then this afternoon (Tuesday 14th) I needed to go out to the roadway about 4:45 pm to meet a lady from our local pharmacy, who was delivering some needed meds for Kathy and because we couldn't get our car out until I shoveled out the snow. So of course I took my camera and tripod and took more pictures while I was waiting. ;-)) As you'll see I have a lot of variety of shots and played around with a few too. Hope you check them out, eh!! One you must see is the type of people my tenants are and their friends too. Absolutly NO respect for anyone else. Shown by them parking their car in the roadway and evan a bit sideways, so the driver wouldn't have to step out into the snow!! Hope you enjoy, 'Viper'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home