Viper Country

Here you will be able to view the four seasons in and around the Weaverville area of Trinity County, California. Plus some of various shots of anything and everything, as I'm a camera 'nut', eh!! ;-))

My Photo
Name:
Location: Weaverville, California, United States

Since my 'forced' retirement on June 23rd, 2005, I'm trying to build an 'at home' business via the Internet and learning more about using my digital camera, eh!! The picture is of ME & Kathy, my wife who's one bad ass Quilter!! We will be adding some of her handiwork too. I'd love to hear from computer & graphics people so I can learn more and we'd both love to hear from Quilters too!!

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Our Snow All Gone . . . NOT!!


Well here we go again. I got behind in uploading my pictures, so you're getting a '2 for 1' today. Our snow was all most totally gone as you will see in the one picture. Then Friday the 17th we were having snow 'flurries' all morning long, so Kathy suggested that we shop that afternoon instead of waiting till our normal Satuday shopping day, eh!!

It's a very good thing that we did decide to go in earlier too, because about an hour after we got back home it started snowing heavier and sticking. About 5 pm I took the first shots of the snow starting to stick and then a little over an hour later I checked and we had about 4" of snow!! If you look closely in a couple of the pictures, you will see the snow coming down.

With that much coming down in only 1 hour, I figured that come Saturday morning we'd have 3 or 4 foot of snow, right!! But, when I looked out our front door this morning we only had 3 inches and it was melting quickly. We even still had satellite tv reception, but lost it a bit later because of all the melting snow falling off the trees. Later about 3 pm Kathy and I were in her sewing room, cutting some quilting strips for my sister JoAnn's quilt. The snow was dropping off the trees so much that I tried taking some shots to show that, but didn't time it right I guess. But big clumps were really falling fast. Sorry!!

On picture #6964, while I was taking pictures of the falling snow, something caught my eye that looked like one of the local Ravens perched on top of a tree 'top' that the winds/snow had crashed during a previous snow storm. But when I was editing these pictures I could see that it was only a jagged piece of the tree, eh!! It looks good tho, right!! ;-)) . . . Later, 'Viper'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home