Viper Country

Here you will be able to view the four seasons in and around the Weaverville area of Trinity County, California. Plus some of various shots of anything and everything, as I'm a camera 'nut', eh!! ;-))

My Photo
Name:
Location: Weaverville, California, United States

Since my 'forced' retirement on June 23rd, 2005, I'm trying to build an 'at home' business via the Internet and learning more about using my digital camera, eh!! The picture is of ME & Kathy, my wife who's one bad ass Quilter!! We will be adding some of her handiwork too. I'd love to hear from computer & graphics people so I can learn more and we'd both love to hear from Quilters too!!

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Years!! Welcome to 2006, eh!!


Hi Everyone!! I'll start off my very first posting in 2006 with some pictures of all the rain and runoff that we've been getting. For those of you not living or knowing about where I live here in Weaverville, we live 3 miles from town on Oregon Street and about 800' higher elevation. So even tho our area has been getting an awful lot of rain day after day, we live in the hills so's to speak and have very good drainage.
But since we hadn't been to town since Saturday the 24th and it's been raining and snowing, both the nasty slushy kind, we hadn't seen any of the actual flooding that has been happening all around town, eh!! So yesterday we went to town to shop and these pictures will show some of that 'after' effects of our road and around town. It was spitting show when we left and continued thru out the day too, so most of my shots were thru the car windshield. But all of my shots came out really good, eh!!
Please note too: the 'avi' file is a short video of me at our back door and shooting the heavy winds blowing our tall pines every which way and the wind slammed the back door back against my camera hand, shoulder and head. Almost knocking me out of the door, eh!! Anyway, this short video is still over 15 mb's of download, so don't worry about it unless you just gotta, eh!! If any of you viewing this blog, know how I can upload longer video's, but compress them somehow so they don't take like forever to upload or download, PLEASE tell me how!! Otherwaise I hope you all enjoy more of my pictures, eh!!
Later, 'Viper'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home