Viper Country

Here you will be able to view the four seasons in and around the Weaverville area of Trinity County, California. Plus some of various shots of anything and everything, as I'm a camera 'nut', eh!! ;-))

My Photo
Name:
Location: Weaverville, California, United States

Since my 'forced' retirement on June 23rd, 2005, I'm trying to build an 'at home' business via the Internet and learning more about using my digital camera, eh!! The picture is of ME & Kathy, my wife who's one bad ass Quilter!! We will be adding some of her handiwork too. I'd love to hear from computer & graphics people so I can learn more and we'd both love to hear from Quilters too!!

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Sunshine, Fog and Snow!!


This morning is was a little warmer up here at our place, because of the heavy fog. But our deck/steps were ice when we left the house about 9 am. I scattered some rock salt so Kathy and I could get to the car without falling on our butt, eh!! I usually keep my camera up by me on the front seat while driving into town because each and every curve of the road brings us such beautiful scenes. But not today!! Nothing to see but fog!! So we went to Marino's for breakfast, to the dollar store from more Chrismas wrappings, down the lane to ACE to get more rock salt and a couple other things Kathy just couldn't leave at the store, eh!! After we shopped at Longs and Tops and were taking our stuff back to the car, here were our beautiful mountain top peaking out thru the heavy fog. As you can see we still have a little snow up at the higher elevations. The first two shots were taken here in Tops parking lot. That's when I heard the bikes firing up across the hwy and drove over to get some shots of the Toy Run (below on my Blog). We then drove closer to the mountains and got all the rest of these shots behind the Elementary School. Please note that ALL of the last shots of the midday sun shining thru the trees, were taken a little after noon while standing on our deck and shooting over the roof of our house. AND ... I did no 'touch-up' on any of these shots, as I do sometimes to bring out the color or shading that I see with the naked eye when I shot all of my pictures. I put these up fairly quick so you all could see them, so I didn't take the time to add any frames to them, eh!! Hope you enjoy all the pictures as I do. Later, 'Viper'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home