Viper Country

Here you will be able to view the four seasons in and around the Weaverville area of Trinity County, California. Plus some of various shots of anything and everything, as I'm a camera 'nut', eh!! ;-))

My Photo
Name:
Location: Weaverville, California, United States

Since my 'forced' retirement on June 23rd, 2005, I'm trying to build an 'at home' business via the Internet and learning more about using my digital camera, eh!! The picture is of ME & Kathy, my wife who's one bad ass Quilter!! We will be adding some of her handiwork too. I'd love to hear from computer & graphics people so I can learn more and we'd both love to hear from Quilters too!!

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Another Beautiful Day!! ;-))


Well, that big nasty storm dared not show it's face around here this weekend, so we enjoyed a very beautiful day, even tho the temp never topped 40 degrees today. About 1:30 pm I went out to load all of our Christmas stuff into my truck and take it back to our garage till next year. Guess what?? It's a good thing that I'm usually caucious on cold mornings, because we had 'black ice' covering the deck and stairs!! So after skating a bit, I got the old rock salt out and did a good covering, eh!! Until a couple days ago the driveway still had to much snow, for me to back my 2-wheel drive truck all the way back to the garage, eh!!

While I was out and about I naturally had to take a few shots of our views. I had a really clear view of the Trinity Alps and Weaver Bally while I was out at our garages, but when I look out our front door there are way to many trees to get this kind of shot. You'll see more shots like this one above when you go to view the rest on my web site, eh!!

When you view 'Truck_SnowReflection_A', take a couple of minutes to really look at it, ok. It's not what you probably will think it is. Notice the 'light blue' coloring to the left side of the picture?? Can you see anything 'inside' or 'thru' the picture?? Ok, after you view this picture then go check out the 'B' version, eh!! ;-)) Then 'Driveway_View_pano' will show you where the other two shots came from!!

The 'Waterfall' shots were taken at the end of the driveway to our garages. It's snow melt coming down from the top of our mountain. No rain or snow ... no runoff or waterfalls. It took me about an hour unloading the truck, covering the Christmas boxes with a large tarp, fire up my motorcycle and let it run a few minutes while it when to our other garage to get some tools and a few small wood screw. All the while I got to listen to our waterfalls coming down about a 60' foot drop by the side of the garage and on down to the roadway. Nice sounds!! ;-))

The other shots were taken up the hill behind the garage and about 16-20 feet higher elevation. The first picture in a 'panorama' of 2 others 'spliced' together, eh!! Hope you enjoy all!! . . . Later, 'Viper'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home