Viper Country

Here you will be able to view the four seasons in and around the Weaverville area of Trinity County, California. Plus some of various shots of anything and everything, as I'm a camera 'nut', eh!! ;-))

My Photo
Name:
Location: Weaverville, California, United States

Since my 'forced' retirement on June 23rd, 2005, I'm trying to build an 'at home' business via the Internet and learning more about using my digital camera, eh!! The picture is of ME & Kathy, my wife who's one bad ass Quilter!! We will be adding some of her handiwork too. I'd love to hear from computer & graphics people so I can learn more and we'd both love to hear from Quilters too!!

Friday, February 24, 2006

Edited Landscapes


Well I'm back with more Snow pictures, but these are good pictures, as they show that almost all of our last snow storm is disappearing quickly. The picture of our cat 'BB' I just threw in to transition to the rest of my shots.

This next group of pictures was taken on my way home from town yesterday. This spot is just a few turns below our property and the 'dead' trees are always of interest to me. This time I used my graphics software to 'edit' them to try various colors and shadings. I normally just upload the pictures 'as is', minus reducing the sizes down to a web tolerate size, eh!!

If you will notice, most of the shots have a snow capped mountain area in the background. If any of you viewing this group of pictures and can tell me how to 'bring out' the snow capped peaks when taking these types of shots, I would really appreciate your input. What I've been doing to get these shots you are viewing, is to focus my camera by shooting just above the trees, setting my focus by pushing the shutter button 50% to set it and then re-focusing the shot thru the trees and positioning the snow capped peaks where I want them in my shot, eh!! . . . Till next time, 'Viper'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home