Viper Country

Here you will be able to view the four seasons in and around the Weaverville area of Trinity County, California. Plus some of various shots of anything and everything, as I'm a camera 'nut', eh!! ;-))

My Photo
Name:
Location: Weaverville, California, United States

Since my 'forced' retirement on June 23rd, 2005, I'm trying to build an 'at home' business via the Internet and learning more about using my digital camera, eh!! The picture is of ME & Kathy, my wife who's one bad ass Quilter!! We will be adding some of her handiwork too. I'd love to hear from computer & graphics people so I can learn more and we'd both love to hear from Quilters too!!

Monday, April 17, 2006

Our 3 Days of Easter Weekend!!

Last Thursday the 13th & Friday the 14th were the first days of NO raining or snowing in about 6 weeks, with the sun peeping out every once in awhile, right. So I was so happy to take these pictures of our 'Spring Days', eh!! Then on Saturday the 15th as we were heading into town for our breakfast and shopping day, it started to lightly raining and while we were shopping and moving from store to store, we'd have a little cloud burst and some heavy rains and then back to drizzles.

By the time we arrived back home about noon, it was back to more steady raining. A little later while I was working in my office, something caught my eye out my window, so I turned to look and it was SNOWING!! ;-)) This is a first for me since moving up here in 1976. Kathy (my wife) has only lived up here since 1982 and she said she can't remember us having this much rain so late and having snow in on Easter weekend, either!! So I grabbed my camera and took some shots, thinking that this was so unusual, that I just had to document the snowing, right. Well, I didn't have to worry about that because about midday on Easter Sunday it was snowing even heavier!! Some very strange we've had this past year!! ;-0 ~ Later, 'Viper'

P.S. ~ Here's some miscellenous shots from today, including some shots of our local Ravens. The one on the left was taken after 6-7 trys at getting one or all 3 Ravens flying by this cloud and I kept missing the shot by a millisecond, eh!! Finally, I focused my camera on the cloud area and then just watched with my eye the circling Ravens, till this one flew up close to the cloud and just snapped the shot!! Success!! ;-)) I also took a lot of 'burst' shots of 2 to 5 shots at a time, but threw most of them in the trash.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home