Viper Country

Here you will be able to view the four seasons in and around the Weaverville area of Trinity County, California. Plus some of various shots of anything and everything, as I'm a camera 'nut', eh!! ;-))

My Photo
Name:
Location: Weaverville, California, United States

Since my 'forced' retirement on June 23rd, 2005, I'm trying to build an 'at home' business via the Internet and learning more about using my digital camera, eh!! The picture is of ME & Kathy, my wife who's one bad ass Quilter!! We will be adding some of her handiwork too. I'd love to hear from computer & graphics people so I can learn more and we'd both love to hear from Quilters too!!

Friday, April 14, 2006

More Variety & Spring Shots!!

Well Hallelaujah!! The month long off/on rains have finally stopped, even if for only a day, eh!! Just check out the 'SpringDay' shots, eh!! ;-)) All of these shots were taken right from my front deck. Be sure to check out 'Clouds_OddShaped' and use your own imagination to see what you can make out in the cloud shape, ok. I will not tell you what I see right now, as I don't want to influence you in any way, right. But you can tell me what you see and I'll tell you what I see, ok.

Now, here is my try at some 'macro' shots of ice cubes. I tried a variety of 'lighting' tools also, to see how that would make the same basic shot look different. I also used other tools to make take away the yellow tint of our flouresent lighting in the kitchen where I took these shots. Anyway, I had fun to trying out various tools that I don't normall use, right. Hope you enjoy my Ice Sculptures. ;-))

Now this 'twin' shot is of two pictures taken at the culvert that is about halfway home from town, right. The shot on the left is looking 'up' the creek to the North and the shot on the right is looking 'down' the creek to the South. I also took a very short 9 second video of the 'south' shot so you can see just how fast the creek is flowing and hear the sounds too. All of these culvert shots were taken in a misting rain, so I had to keep careful to not point the camera up above level and get water on the lens. I did cover the lens a couple of times with my left hand, like when I was taken the shots of the trees up high. All these shots were taken on Wednesday the 12th, because I just had to go into town to do some banking and pick up our mail. Then today the 13th we get all this beautiful Spring weather. Just my luck, eh!! ~ Later, 'Viper'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home