Viper Country

Here you will be able to view the four seasons in and around the Weaverville area of Trinity County, California. Plus some of various shots of anything and everything, as I'm a camera 'nut', eh!! ;-))

My Photo
Name:
Location: Weaverville, California, United States

Since my 'forced' retirement on June 23rd, 2005, I'm trying to build an 'at home' business via the Internet and learning more about using my digital camera, eh!! The picture is of ME & Kathy, my wife who's one bad ass Quilter!! We will be adding some of her handiwork too. I'd love to hear from computer & graphics people so I can learn more and we'd both love to hear from Quilters too!!

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Family Gathering


Hi Folks,
. . . Yesterday, May 22nd, 2006, we drove down to Cottonwood, CA, to one of Kathy's sisters, Barbara, because Kathy's Uncle Tommy, his wife Nancy, their son Jerry and his wife Carolyn, would be stopping by on their way home from Portland, OR, back to Arizona. All had went to see Jerry & Carolyn's daughter get her Masters Degree, eh!! I had never met any of these people in our 23+ years of marriage, and Kathy hadn't seen cousin Jerry and Carolyn since their daughter was a little one, eh!!
. . . Sister Barbara and husband Dick (The Main's) had made reservations at a really nice local country restrurant called the 'Oldtown Eatery' in their little home town of Cottonwood, CA. This is still good old cattle country and the town even has an active stockyard too. They have a really great restrurant there too, but Barbara said that most people can't stand the smell of the area, just to get into and out of the restrurant. So she thought we'd all enjoy our meal much more by going to one of their other 'haunts', eh!!
. . . Sorry, but I kind of got carried away with my picture taking, because when we all went inside and was seated I started to looking all around the interior and here was all this 'fine' stuff to shoot, so that I did. Hope you at least enjoy some of these shots, especially the wanted poster of 'Butch', eh!! ;-)) Also, I hate to admit it, but as I took various pictures of 'everyone' in our family group, I didn't take even one picture of Aunt Nancy and didn't notice it till I was back home & editing all my pictures!! Nancy, if you happen to read this blog, I'm really, really sorry!!
. . . Since we have been getting even more rain since last Friday, we were pleasantly surprised to have hardly any rain going down, while visiting and even on the drive home. BUT, right after we arrived home and I got Kathy and our 'stuff' back into the house, including our 2 cats, the rain just broke loose!! Good timing, right!!
. . . Note: Kathy's cousin Jerry is one fantasic photographer and if you'd like to check out all of his great 'scenery' pictures of his local area of Sedona, AZ, just go to his web site, 'Welcome to Arizona by Photo'!! You will not be sorry, eh!!
. . . Later, 'Viper'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home