Viper Country

Here you will be able to view the four seasons in and around the Weaverville area of Trinity County, California. Plus some of various shots of anything and everything, as I'm a camera 'nut', eh!! ;-))

My Photo
Name:
Location: Weaverville, California, United States

Since my 'forced' retirement on June 23rd, 2005, I'm trying to build an 'at home' business via the Internet and learning more about using my digital camera, eh!! The picture is of ME & Kathy, my wife who's one bad ass Quilter!! We will be adding some of her handiwork too. I'd love to hear from computer & graphics people so I can learn more and we'd both love to hear from Quilters too!!

Sunday, December 09, 2007

Fresh Snow, Weaverville, Trinity Alps, Redding, Dirt Bike & Road Racer too


Hi Everyone, .... see all pics here ....

Well, today was Kathy's Annual Christmas Shopping day in Redding, CA with her 2 daughters, so we're up at 6:30 am which is really early for us these days. While Kathy was eating breakfast, Ricky (one of our cats) and I went out in the front yard and took some shots of the sunrise. My probably is that very time I set up my tripod, Ricky like rubbing up against it, sometimes messing up a shot, eh!! ;-)) Since the temp was only 29º, but the time I headed back into the house carrying my aluminum tripod, my hands were like ice. So the first thing I did was fixed me a hot cup of coffee and hold it in my hands while I was nuking my 3 minute egg, sausage, cheese breakfast muffin!! Then by the time that was done, I had to warm up my coffee again!! ;-))

Since we've been having a lot of raining lately, it was really nice to take the flag out this morning and see such a beautifully sunny day. Later on about 8:30 am when we left the house, the temp was still only 30º and we had to wait a few minutes with the defroster on high, before I could see to back the car down our steep driveway. As I rounded the bend in the roadway, we could see the Trinity Mts and I pulled over into our garden area road and took a few shoots of the fresh snow coverage. Then we drove on down into the lake of fog that was covering Weaverville, turned right on Hwy #299 / Main Street and heading on the 47 miles to Redding.

We weren't surprised to see lots of pretty Fall Colors all around the warmer and lower elevation of Redding, but today my idea was to take shots of all the fresh snow all around the greater area. Mt Shasta was completely covered with clouds, so no pictures there. Same with Mt Lassen too. But I got a lot of shots of lower mt tops that had a heavy dusting of snow, eh!! ;-)) But while I was taking shots at Whiskeytown Lake, a couple birds kept hopping around me and I finally got off a shot before they hopped off again. Hope you enjoy ALL of my shots!!

Later, 'Viper'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home