Viper Country

Here you will be able to view the four seasons in and around the Weaverville area of Trinity County, California. Plus some of various shots of anything and everything, as I'm a camera 'nut', eh!! ;-))

My Photo
Name:
Location: Weaverville, California, United States

Since my 'forced' retirement on June 23rd, 2005, I'm trying to build an 'at home' business via the Internet and learning more about using my digital camera, eh!! The picture is of ME & Kathy, my wife who's one bad ass Quilter!! We will be adding some of her handiwork too. I'd love to hear from computer & graphics people so I can learn more and we'd both love to hear from Quilters too!!

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Alycia, Icy & Frosty Days, Red Head Woodpecker, 60 Calendar Pictures, Raven, Clouds . . . .


Hi Everyone, .... see all my pictures here ....

It's been very cold up here in our mountains, but this morning it was only 19ยบ when I got up about 7:30 am!! I had to be in town before 9 am and up here at our elevation of about 2,800' it was sunny and beautiful. But town which is only 2,000' had a heavy blanket of fog and when I drove down the 3 miles to Main Street, like everything was WHITE with Frost!! So of course I had to grab a few shots before heading home, right!! ;-)) Those are my 'FrostyMorning' pictures.

Also, I wanted to share all the pretty pictures on our NEW 2008 Calendars that Kathy got for only $1 each. I personally use 2 calendars in my office so I can view the present & next months at the same time. So I have the 'FlowersInBloom' & 'Hummingbirds' in my office, and the 'PaintedDays' in the 2nd bathroom which is right by my office. Kathy will have the 'GreekIsles' & 'Lighthouses' to put in one of the other rooms. But all the pictures I like so I'm going to 'cut' out all of the 60 pictures from these 'covers' and add them to my computer's 'background changer', so they will keep popping up automatically and I'll get to view them daily there too!!

The 'RedHeadWoodpecker' was up a tree about 20' and making such a racket pecking against the heavy bark looking for bugs or worms, while I was trying to get some scenery shots of the clouds about a mile from home. So I kept waiting for him to come around to my side and then I grabbed a few shots. A couple were almost totally black because I have my flash set on 'automatic' and it didn't go off. So I tried my best to brighten the shot without totally destroying it at the same time. Hope you enjoy him and all the other shots, eh!! And of course I just had to share my Great Grand Daughter Alycia's picture too!! ;-)))

Later, 'Viper'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home