Viper Country

Here you will be able to view the four seasons in and around the Weaverville area of Trinity County, California. Plus some of various shots of anything and everything, as I'm a camera 'nut', eh!! ;-))

My Photo
Name:
Location: Weaverville, California, United States

Since my 'forced' retirement on June 23rd, 2005, I'm trying to build an 'at home' business via the Internet and learning more about using my digital camera, eh!! The picture is of ME & Kathy, my wife who's one bad ass Quilter!! We will be adding some of her handiwork too. I'd love to hear from computer & graphics people so I can learn more and we'd both love to hear from Quilters too!!

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!! ENJOY JULY 4th!!


Hi Everyone, .... see all of the pics ....

My Blog Update today is very simple, but to the point. Long let our FLAG wave!! Kathy saw our Flag waving almost straight out a couple of days ago and said that I should take a picture. So I did!! ;-)) Then as I was looking at it flying so pretty and thinking about all the people that are fighting for our freedoms and all those other people fighting to take them all away from us, I decided to take even more shots and share them with all of my ebuddies and I'll strongly suggest that you forward this link to anyone that you want to, letting everyone know that we're sick and tired of our own Government, Politicians & Foreigners trying to tell us we can't say anything 'Godly' out in public anymore or our kids can't say prayers in our schools, etc, etc, but standing up for our rights, eh!! And If you have never flown a Flag in your yard ... TODAY is the Day to Start!!

The video is about 16 seconds long and is just beautiful to me, watching it 'flying' almost straight out, eh!! Then I took 5 shots in a 'burst' mode that takes very fast shots in succession. So you have 3 choices OR look at all of them, right!! ;-))

Later, 'Viper'

P.S. ~ Today was our first day to pass that nasty 100 degrees, actually 101º !!


July 5th ... UPDATE!!


Hi Everyone,
I just added the new shots to my July 3rd group, so I could keep show my Flag at the top a bit longer, eh!! God Bless America!!
.... click here to see ALL of my pictures ....

I went to town today to run some errands and of course just had to take a couple shots, eh!! BTW, when I left the house a bit after 4:15 pm, the temp was a 'cool' 104º !!! ;-O Our local weather from Google showed a high of 110º for today. As normal for a biker, as long as I was moving the heat didn't really feel to bad. But each time I stopped to go into a building and then came back outside, that dry hot heat would just slam me in the face and get back on my bike a quick as I could, eh!! ;-))) I met a couple other bikers from Eureka at Burger King and when they left home it was in the low 60's. They asked me if I knew just how hot is was and when I told them 104º and where they were heading and they said 'Redding' ... I said that's a really nice ride but that I'd pray for them because it's usually quite a few degrees hotter there!! I then said it's the ride and to just enjoy it!! They both smiled, agreed with me and headed out!!

Speaking of the heat ... every place I stopped today I had to be very careful where I dropped my kickstand down, because of the very soft asphalt everywhere!!! I parked in a shady spot at the bank and when I came back out, my kickstand left an impression about as deep as a quarter!!! Then while driving the 3 miles back home from Main Street, on my twisty/turny road, I could almost feel my tires pushing the soft road bed away from my tires!! I'll find out Saturday how the many trips from a log truck and a couple of gravel trucks have done to the road in all this above 100 degree heat, eh!!

Tina told me a couple of nights ago that she had finished getting her 'ROCK' fountain up and running and that I could stop by anytime to take more pictures, but that it would not be running water as she was going down south for a few days to pick up 2 of her grand kids for their normal 'summer vacation' with her. So when she gets home, I'll get some shots with the water bubbling up the top of her rock and falling over the one edge, eh!!

Then when driving down Main Street I noticed that our local Joss House Museum finally got the new roof on, after many months of using tarps to cover the under-layment on a couple of our rainy days in the past months. And it's looking really nice all bright and shiny, eh!! Even got in a couple shots of my bike and in one shot yet!! '-)) Plus a few more like the Rose, New B&B, Burn Marks and a few Sunset shots too.

Then I have a few scans from our local newspaper, The Trinity Journal. Here again is where I put up ALL of my pictures for everyone to see, when I would normally be sending out 4 or more emails to various people. Like I'd send the 'Horse' pictures to my buddies like Barb & Stacy, Nadine & Johnny, the 'Pot Gardens' like to my son Ran who lived up here many years and to Val who was born and raised in Trinity County. Then 'SchmidtRides' to my biker buddies. But now with the way I'm putting 'all my eggs in one basket', everyone can look at them all OR not, eh!! Schmidt is one of our local 'Bikers for God' group up here and sometimes they will be eating at our Marino's on a Saturday before heading out on a ride somewhere. Then I get to take a lot bike shots all in one place, right!!!

Enjoy, 'Viper'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home