Viper Country

Here you will be able to view the four seasons in and around the Weaverville area of Trinity County, California. Plus some of various shots of anything and everything, as I'm a camera 'nut', eh!! ;-))

My Photo
Name:
Location: Weaverville, California, United States

Since my 'forced' retirement on June 23rd, 2005, I'm trying to build an 'at home' business via the Internet and learning more about using my digital camera, eh!! The picture is of ME & Kathy, my wife who's one bad ass Quilter!! We will be adding some of her handiwork too. I'd love to hear from computer & graphics people so I can learn more and we'd both love to hear from Quilters too!!

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Snow, Snow, Snow and more Snow, Eagle


Hi Everyone, ... see all pictures here ...

We've been have a bit of snow this past week, as you'll see in my pictures. One day I'm out trying to clear off our driveway and no sooner than I clear off the deck and stairs, another inch of snow is covering the deck. Three times I've gotten about 65% of the driveway clear, hoping for the the predicted rains to come in that night and help wash more of our snow away. Get up the next morning to another 3" to 11" of fresh snow!! Then I got up this morning, Tuesday the 8th and more snow again.

We also had NO satellite reception either and when Kathy checked out her overnight recordings, saw that we lost reception about 5:44 am this morning. So hoping that the snow would slide of all by itself, not wanting to get lost in all our snow, I finally went out about 3 pm to clear off the 11" of fresh snow from our deck and steps. I then got my 6' walking stick and headed out to the garage where our satellite antenna is, to clear off the snow. Since the last time that I cleared off the antenna, I measured off 15+ inches on the flat areas and this time the snow was not only over my 16" boot tops, but almost up to my waist!! When I got back to the house I measured my walking stick where I had marked it and our snow depth is now over 36 inches!!

Plus, when I climbed up the ladder to the antenna, the snow on the garage roof was so deep, that the snow on my garbage bag/Tee-Pee had no place to slide off to!! So I cleared away about 3' all around the antenna, then cleared off the snow that was left on the antenna and by the time I got back into the house, Kathy was yelling 'We have tv again!!' ;-)) Good old Trinity County snow storms, eh!! BTW, this last snow storm was supposedly to be a lot of rain and I think we got about 30 minutes between snowing and I got up to another 11'' of snow on the deck, eh!! Even with all my bitching about the snow ... we had a perfect beautiful sunny day yesterday, Monday the 7th, with pretty Blue Sky & White Clouds, all day long, eh!! ;-))

Later, 'Viper'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home