Viper Country

Here you will be able to view the four seasons in and around the Weaverville area of Trinity County, California. Plus some of various shots of anything and everything, as I'm a camera 'nut', eh!! ;-))

My Photo
Name:
Location: Weaverville, California, United States

Since my 'forced' retirement on June 23rd, 2005, I'm trying to build an 'at home' business via the Internet and learning more about using my digital camera, eh!! The picture is of ME & Kathy, my wife who's one bad ass Quilter!! We will be adding some of her handiwork too. I'd love to hear from computer & graphics people so I can learn more and we'd both love to hear from Quilters too!!

Monday, February 04, 2008

Guess What ... MORE SNOW!!


Hi Everyone, ... more pictures here ...

I have more snow pictures for today, eh!! ;-)) We had more snow yesterday and thru the night, but today was a beautiful sunny day. We lost power yesterday about about dark and it didn't come back on till 3 minutes past midnight. Since we had no power for lights, tv or our computers, Kathy and I light a couple candles and twiddled our thumbs till about 9:30 pm, hoping the power would come back on. Since it did NOT, we both went to bed which very out of routine for us, as I usually am up till around 3 am and Kathy till about 6 am. So going to bed that early I got up a bit after 3 am and just decided to stay up, eh!!

Since the power had come back on I was able to work with my pictures, check my email and work on my web pages. Kathy got up about 5 pm to find out we had no satellite reception, checked her email and then went back to bed to stay warm, eh!! ;-)) About 7:30 am when it was light enough, I trekked out to the antenna and cleaned off all the snow AGAIN!! BUT ... it took about 90 minutes to go out to the antenna, clear off the snow and get back into the house!!
The actual clearing off the snow only took me about 15 minute!! As I could only PUSH thru the deep snow 2 to 3 steps at a time and then I'd have to rest a couple minutes to catch my breath and continue on. But by the time I got back inside the house the receiver had 'powered' back up and we had tv again. So I fixed my breakfast and coffee and sat down to recoup, eh!! ;-)))

If Kathy & I have figured it right, we've now had about 83 inches of snow so far this winter and we still have 46.5" out in the open/flat areas!! And I'm getting really tired of cleaning off our deck so many times, just so I can get outside to take pictures, not to mentioned that all the times I've shoveled off the walk, car and driveway, only to get up the next morning to see another 4" to 11'' to 19", eh!! Well I just hope you enjoy all my snow of 2008 pictures, ok!! ;-)) We're already calling it the 'Winter of 2008' which will long be remembered!!

Later, 'Viper'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home