Viper Country

Here you will be able to view the four seasons in and around the Weaverville area of Trinity County, California. Plus some of various shots of anything and everything, as I'm a camera 'nut', eh!! ;-))

My Photo
Name:
Location: Weaverville, California, United States

Since my 'forced' retirement on June 23rd, 2005, I'm trying to build an 'at home' business via the Internet and learning more about using my digital camera, eh!! The picture is of ME & Kathy, my wife who's one bad ass Quilter!! We will be adding some of her handiwork too. I'd love to hear from computer & graphics people so I can learn more and we'd both love to hear from Quilters too!!

Saturday, February 09, 2008

Cleared Driveway, Snow in Weaverville, Snow at Home, Snow still Everywhere


Hi Everyone, ... see all pics here ...

Guess What?? I got the driveway cleared off yesterday, Thursday, and we went into town about 1 pm today, Friday!!! Hallelujah!!! ;-)))) We had 2 weeks of mail to pickup, plus a couple prescriptions, then did 2 weeks worth of shopping to stock up on supplies again, to be ready for the next snow storm, eh!! ;-)) I've added a couple short videos trying to show you all the heavy gusting of winds on Thursday while I was trying to shovel off snow from our driveway. It was so cold and heavy and blowing right into my face, so I'd turn around quickly with my back to the winds and then continue shoveling till the next big gust hit me again. Also, by the time I'd get my camera ready to take a shot/video, it was already blowing by me, but you will still get the idea, eh!! I took most of the shots at the Longs/Tops parking lot so you can see just how much snow is left in town and then a few shots back at home, too. And you will see just how much snow we still have all around our home, eh!! The BEST shot(s) are of our CLEARED driveway!! ;-))

Since our car was still chained up from 2 weeks ago, since we needed that to get back up our steep driveway when coming back home from town. So I left them on till we got down to the culvert and flat land, even tho we didn't really need them with the cleared driveway and the road way was totally dry!!! Which was a little funny, what with all the snow banked up on both sides of the road, eh!! Then when we got back home I tried driving back up our driveway and got almost to the level area and it's so muddy the car lost traction. So I backed down out into the roadway, and gunned it a bit more and drove right on up to the stairs, eh!! ;-)) I love front wheel drive!!! Then after I unloaded the car, I drove it back out into the roadway and turned it around, then backed it into the driveway just a few feet off the roadway. So I'm all ready to get back to town next time.

Later, 'Viper'

1 Comments:

Blogger heatingontario said...

The winter can bring very heavy snow fall to some parts of the world and once this happens it needs to be removed quickly and efficiently to prevent accidents.

Driveway Snow Melt System

11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home