Viper Country

Here you will be able to view the four seasons in and around the Weaverville area of Trinity County, California. Plus some of various shots of anything and everything, as I'm a camera 'nut', eh!! ;-))

My Photo
Name:
Location: Weaverville, California, United States

Since my 'forced' retirement on June 23rd, 2005, I'm trying to build an 'at home' business via the Internet and learning more about using my digital camera, eh!! The picture is of ME & Kathy, my wife who's one bad ass Quilter!! We will be adding some of her handiwork too. I'd love to hear from computer & graphics people so I can learn more and we'd both love to hear from Quilters too!!

Friday, March 16, 2007

Bike Ride, Snowy Mts, Beautiful Cloud Patterns, Ravens, Salt Water Fish Aquarium & Humming Bird!!


Hi Everyone,
Wednesday the 14th was my normal 'mail run/honey do' day and it was just such a beautiful 'winters' day, that I decided to fire up my bike and ride it instead of taking the car. There was still a lot of damp/wet areas on Oregon Street going down the first 1.5 miles to 'level' ground and also open sunshine and a lot of the cinders/salt the county puts down to help us in the ice and snow. So I did slide a few times going around the curves at only 20 mph. But once I did get down the hill it was dry and sunny and by then my bike was purring just like in the summer, eh!! ;-))

So after getting the mail, doing some banking, etc, I headed my bike out of town to Oregon Mt Summit for the ride and to take some pictures. When I got up to the summit the wind was really blowing the higher cloud cover and I think I got some really great shots. I also included a couple of our mountain peaks that still have a lot of snow on them. We only had 14 inches at our elevation of about 2,800' and some of these mountains are over 5,000', so I'm sure it's a whole lot deeper up there, right!!

I try as always to label my pictures with something descriptive so you can pick and choose some pictures and not have to look at them all, but I've also included them in a slide show too if you'd like to just set back and watch instead of clicking each file name or picture. Your choice again. And the bike ride was GREAT!!! ;-))

Later, 'Viper'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home